The Washington DC Chapter of the Florida A&M University National Alumni Association (DC FAMU NAA) needs your help. We are a volunteer organization that operates primarily from donations of people's money and time. Currently, the DC FAMU NAA is a bit short of volunteer personnel to do many of the basic tasks we do for our membership and for the University.
Short Term Tasks
- Modeling of FAMU apparel that will be for sale in the local FAMU store.
- Evaluating of scholarship applications.
- Participating in recruitment events.
- Short term committee-based tasks.
- Recording announcements used in the phone messages sent to DC FAMU NAA members
Long Term Tasks
- Chairperson of / participation in the committees of the DC FAMU NAA.
- Assistance with website development.
- Development of print media designed to expand our reach in the region.
- Identifying corporate sponsors and individual patrons to help raise money.
- Help with putting together the annual Chapter Picnic
- Help with putting together the annual Freshman Sendoff
There are many other tasks that you might be specifically suited to help with that is not listed above. There are a number of committees where you might find your own niche. You can find out more information about committee responsibilities on our Committee Information page. If you are interested in participating, please click the Contact Us button on the top of the page or fill out the form below to provide us with more information. Thank you for your continued support of the Washington DC Chapter of the Florida A&M University National Alumni Association.